Install and update software packages from Red Hat Network – GUI option
Install and update software packages from Red Hat Network – Terminal Option
- First you need a Red Hat account and buy (or try) a RH subscription. Then :
- # subscription-manager register
- The command will prompt you to enter your Red Hat Customer Portal user name and password.
- # subscription-manager list – -available
- This command displays all available subscriptions for your Red Hat account. For everysubscription, various characteristics are displayed, including the pool ID.
- Attach the appropriate subscription to your system by replacing pool_id with the pool ID determined in the previous step:
- # subscription-manager attach–pool=pool_id
Now you can update the system and download any package:
# yum update